About this course
In today’s world, dementia is becoming more prevalent. Dementia has no known cure, and symptoms include memory loss, disorientation, difficulty doing routine tasks, mood changes, and communication issues.
With dementia expected to affect such a big proportion of the population as a result of people living longer than ever before, it is critical that society is aware of the symptoms of dementia and how to assist those who are suffering from it.
This Dementia awareness e-learning course covers the symptoms and types of dementia, as well as its treatment and medication, as well as how to handle communication and care. It is meant for healthcare professionals and anyone who works with people who have dementia.
Created for your needs
This wide-ranging Dementia Awareness for family carers course will help those working with individuals with dementia and signs and symptoms of dementia in all its stages to deal with their own condition. It includes the following:
- Describes the physical results of dementia on the brain
- Types of dementia
- The impact of memory loss
- Sensory changes caused by dementia
- Symptoms of dementia: awareness of time and place, recognition of people
- The diagnosis of dementia, and when and how to refer to other resources
- Related conditions that may or may not affect dementia
- The stages of dementia: Early, Mid and Late
- Barriers to early diagnosis
- Medication, and psychological and emotional needs
- The person-centred approach
- Therapeutic interventions and other techniques
- Communication, language, isolation
- Challenging behaviour
Providing relevant knowledge and skills
After completing this dementia awareness training for all settings certificate online by Verrolyne training, learners must know and understand the following learning outcomes
- Understand how dementia affects the human brain
- Explain memory and the signs of memory loss
- Understand the impact dementia has on the human senses
- The different types of dementia
- How some signs of dementia can be associated with other conditions or circumstances
- Actions that can be taken to reduce the risk of dementia or delay onset, and why early diagnosis is important
- The impact dementia can have on individuals, family, and society as a whole
HOW TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Video tutorials guiding you through every aspect of every treatment.
- Easy to follow downloadable eBooks in units, designed to enhance your progressive learning techniques
- Easy online learning via your mobile, tablet and pc
- Full support and guidance from working professionals