Catheterization Awareness course
About this course
Catheters must always be inserted by a skilled nurse or medical expert, although care assistants will be aiding residents with catheter care on a regular basis. As a result, it’s critical that care assistants are well-versed in catheter care.
This Catheterization Awareness Training Course will teach you everything there is to know about Asbestos Awareness and how it can save lives.
Created for your needs
This eLearning Catheterization Awareness Verrolyne Training is designed to increase your knowledge and awareness of catheter care.
The course begins with a rudimentary description of the urinary system and explores the reasons why catheterisation may be required. You’ll learn about the several types of catheters, such as indwelling, intermittent, and external, as well as the equipment that catheter users may need. You’ll learn about the hazards of catheterization and how to deal with them. The lesson closes with instructions on how to troubleshoot typical issues as well as how to empty and replace a catheter drainage bag.
The main features you’ll cover in this online catheterization course with certificate are:
- Female indwelling urethral catheterisation
- Male indwelling urethral catheterisation
- Catheter care
- Changing a suprapubic catheter
- Post procedure catheter positioning
- Post procedure checklist
- Trial without urinary catheter
- Administering a catheter maintenance solution
- Intermittent self-catheterisation
- Emptying an indwelling urinary catheter bag
Providing relevant knowledge and skills
After completing this Catheterization Awareness certificate online by Verrolyne training, learners must know and understand the following learning outcomes;
- Describe catheterisation
- Understand the purpose of urinary catheterisation
- Understand the causes and types of incontinence
- Describe the different types of catheters
- Understand how a catheter is inserted
HOW TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
• Video tutorials guiding you through every aspect of every treatment.
• Easy to follow downloadable eBooks in units, designed to enhance your progressive learning techniques
• Easy online learning via your mobile, tablet and pc
• Full support and guidance from working professionals