Safeguarding of Children Awareness
This course is designed to increase your knowledge of safeguarding and to ensure that you
are confident to carry out your safeguarding responsibilities. By the end of the course, you
- Be clear of your Safeguarding role and responsibilities as a Manager/Team Leader
- Understand the importance of supervision to support staff to take action and to ensure a
safeguarding culture exists
- Be able to explain how lessons from Serious Case Reviews inform practice
- Understand the local safeguarding structure, thresholds and Ofsted requirements
- Be confident in how to respond to a concern and the need for effective record keeping and
- Understand safer recruitment and safer working practices and have considered policy and
About this course
With our initial online and face-to-face training Safeguarding of Children Awareness training, you’ll gain confidence in recognising and responding to suspected indicators of child abuse and neglect.
Our Safeguarding Children training course teaches participants how to spot indications of abuse, fundamental safeguarding legislation, how to respond effectively to any safeguarding concerns, and the significance of speaking up and acting swiftly. Learners will receive a CPD approved Safeguarding Children certificate upon successful completion of this online course, which may be used as proof of compliance.
Created for your needs
The aim of this Safeguarding Children Awareness training course is to greater increase your knowledge of child safeguarding, how to protect children from harm, and the relevant safeguarding legislation.
The key points covered in this child protection training activities course are:
- Safeguarding of children definition
- Intervention and thresholds
- Signs of abuse
- Types of abuse
- Escalating concerns
Providing relevant knowledge and skills
After completing this Child Protection’s online training online by Verrolyne training, learners must know and understand the following learning outcomes
- Explain what is meant by the term safeguarding children
- Identify the various types of intervention and their thresholds
- Describe the signs and symptoms of possible abuse
- Recognising the different types of abuse
- Describe what you should do if you have a concern about a child’s welfare or safety
HOW TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Video tutorials guiding you through every aspect of every treatment.
- Easy to follow downloadable eBooks in units, designed to enhance your progressive learning techniques
- Easy online learning via your mobile, tablet and pc
- Full support and guidance from working professionals