Duty of Candour
About this course
The professional duty of candour refers to a healthcare professional working in an honest and transparent manner at all times. The publication in 2013 of the ‘Francis Report’ heralded many changes within the health and social care sectors.
This Duty Of Candour Awareness course to improve transparency and openness became key performance indicators. The need to provide assurance for our customers that everything that can be done to keep them safe in our care was being done became a fundamental requirement of day-to-day practice. Learners will learn and gain an understanding of several objectives with this Care Certificate and CPD accredited course.
Created for your needs
The main features you’ll cover in this online Duty of Candour Training course with certificate are:
- Unit 1 – Introduction to the statutory duty of candour
- Unit 2 – CQC Regulation 20: Duty of candour
- Unit 3 – Duty to be honest when things go wrong
- Unit 4 – Encouraging a learning culture by reporting errors
- Unit 5 – Professional guidance for health and social care workers
- Unit 6 – The organisational duty of candour
Providing relevant knowledge and skills
After completing this Duty Of Candour Awareness online training course UK for all settings certificate online by Verrolyne training, learners must know and understand the following learning outcomes
- Define the duty of candour,
- Know what the duty of candour means in practice,
- Understand the professional guidance for health and social care workers,
- Understand the need for openness and transparency,
- Know your statutory duties and professional responsibilities,
- Understand the legal obligations of service providers,
- Understand the need to learn from errors,
- Encourage a learning culture within the practice,
- Understand the organisational duty of candour.
HOW TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Video tutorials guiding you through every aspect of every treatment.
- Easy to follow downloadable eBooks in units, designed to enhance your progressive learning techniques
- Easy online learning via your mobile, tablet and pc
- Full support and guidance from working professionals