Paediatric First Aid (Blended Learning) Course
Back in April 2017 Ofsted altered the rules concerning paediatric first aid instruction for Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) configurations, like nurseries and primary schools. This degree 3, 12 hour Statutory Framework compliant Paediatric First Aid (PFA) class is the path which you will want to undertake to be contained in the required staff:child ratios at level 2 or level 3.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Segment 1: Online
This paediatric first aid-blended-learning advance course is self explanatory and is predicted to have a day to finish. It is possible to complete the modules at your own pace in your own environment supplying you the flexibility that you want. The internet training has to be completed over the 6 weeks before your face to face instruction.
Segment 2: Face-to-face
On this day you’ll be in a small group with fellow mixed course mates. The afternoon will be led by a professional trainer that will teach you concerning the fundamental lifesaving abilities needed to your eligibility. Through the day you may get involved in small group tasks, practicing crucial lifesaving skills and have the opportunity to request your trainer some queries. You’ll also complete a few written and practical examinations, this will incorporate evaluation on your internet training subjects. Please be aware that any practical or group activities will occur with social networking measures set up.
Created for your needs
This paediatric first aid training blended-learning online course will assist you with management training to help increase your more excellent knowledge.
- Managing an emergency
- Stings and bites
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Poisons and what to do if someone has been poisoned
- Low blood sugar
- Ears, eyes and nose injuries
- Managing an emergency (practical)
- Role of the first aider (including knowledge of health and safety regulations)
- Communication and casualty care
- Child and baby resuscitation (CPR)
- Unresponsive baby
- Unresponsive child
- Choking baby
- Choking child
- Allergic reaction
- Minor and severe bleeding
Providing relevant knowledge and skills
After completing this paediatric first aid certificate training online course by Verrolyne training, learners must know and understand the following learning outcomes:
- Coping with an emergency in the childcare environment
- OFSTED and EYFS requirements (including first aid boxes and reporting)
- The priorities of treatment
- Resuscitation: Adult, child, and baby
- Unconsciousness: Adult, child, and baby
- Control of bleeding and shock
- Burns and electrical shock
- Treatment of minor injuries with the emphasis on children and babies
- Drowning and poisoning
- Choking: Adult, child, and baby
- Common Paediatric medical conditions: asthma, anaphylaxis, diabetes, epilepsy, febrile convulsions, meningitis etc.
- Head injuries, spinal management, and injuries to the eyes.
HOW TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Video tutorials guiding you through every aspect of every treatment.
- Easy to follow downloadable eBooks in units, designed to enhance your progressive learning techniques
- Easy online learning via your mobile, tablet and pc
- Full support and guidance from working professionals