Legionella Awareness Course
Highly rated by clients, our specialist water security courses allow you to get up to speed fast to execute your duties safely and efficiently.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This legionella awareness online course UK increases awareness of the risks related to legionella and the technical actions which need to be taken to decrease the risk it presents.
The legionella awareness training online course covers why you will need to understand about legionella, related laws, key responsibilities of employees and employers, the important dangers associated with legionella, hazard assessment, and risk reduction steps.
Created for your needs
This advanced legionella awareness training course will assist you with management training to help increase your more excellent knowledge.
- Why you need to know about legionella
- The history of legionella
- Key legislation
- Key responsibilities of employers
- Key responsibilities of employees
- Key hazards, including:
- Sources of legionella
- Legionella and temperature
- Health effects
- Assessing the risk, including:
- What a risk assessment is
- The stages in a risk assessment
- The written scheme
- Controlling legionella, including
- Temperature control
- Stagnation control
- Material control
- Water spray control
- System cleanliness
- Water treatment
- Operation of the water system
Providing relevant knowledge and skills
After completing this online legionella awareness course at home by Verrolyne training, learners must know and understand the following learning outcomes:
- An overview of the current regulatory framework including the HSE’s ACOP L8 and HSG274 guidance,
- Provide steps required to achieve compliance with the law.
- The course will also help candidates identify the risks presented by Legionella bacteria in hot and cold water systems and other risk systems (excluding cooling systems – refer to LCA 9001).
- Alsol develop an understanding of how to assess and proactively manage those risks in accordance with the HSE’s ACOP L8, and the health and safety guidance documents HSG274 Parts 2 and 3.
HOW TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Video tutorials guiding you through every aspect of every treatment.
- Easy to follow downloadable eBooks in units, designed to enhance your progressive learning techniques
- Easy online learning via your mobile, tablet and pc
- Full support and guidance from working professionals.