TQUK Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care (RQF)
The TQUK Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care (RQF) is regulated by Ofqual.
The TQUK Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care (RQF) enhances learners’ knowledge and understanding of what dementia is and how to care people with dementia, encompassing a variety of theoretical models and kinds of dementia.
Learners will examine the role of caregivers in the care and support of dementia patients. In particular, how to provide medication to people with dementia using a person-centered approach, how to communicate with people with dementia, and how to interpret dementia-related behaviour.
This Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care (RQF) Course would be of particular use to anyone who in a professional or personal capacity wishes to know more about assisting those with dementia in order to improve the quality of life for those suffering with the condition.The advantages of participating in activities are also discussed.
This certification is designed to keep learners up to date on their professional development and to help them build knowledge and skills that are relevant to their field of work.
WHAT SHOULD BE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
- There are no specific entry requirements however learners should have a minimum of level 3 in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
- Students interested in enrolling in this course must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 16 years old.
- Have a strong command of the English language
- For the duration of the course, you must have access to a computer and the internet.
- Basic computer skills, such as word processing, emailing, and document uploading
- Having a real desire to succeed is essential.
We facilitate this course online via email support
Successful learners can progress to other qualifications such as:
- Level 2 Diploma in Care (RQF)
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care (RQF)
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding End of Life Care (RQF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Dementia Care (RQF)
- Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support (RQF)
What is our assessment method?
- You will be assessed by completing all the required assessments with your tutor providing feedback following completion of each.
- All assessments must be completed and passed in order for you to successfully achieve the qualification.
This Qualification requires hours of self study with a 123 hours guided learning. These hours are made up of all contact time, guidance or supervision of a learner by trainer or tutor. Learners are expected to study and complete aspects of their assessment portfolio in their own time.
WHY CHOOSE US?
As best care manager trainers, we offer the Online TQUK Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care (RQF) courses in London here at verrolynetraining. So, suppose you’re seeking to be a Registered Manager to get a nursing or residential care home specialising in residential care or want to begin your own care home. In that case, you must undertake this qualification to fulfil the CQC needs for a Registered Manager. And we are careful to finish your course for this level 2 TQUK training.
Learners must achieve all mandatory units.
- Dementia awareness
- The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Understand the factors that can influence communication & interaction with individuals
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care.
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia
- Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care