MCA & DOLS Awareness
Delegates will come away from the class with a working understanding of the MCA and its connection with DOLS, consequently understanding how they could make sure that their extra-curricular actions comply with both functions.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This mental capacity act dols awareness training course gives a comprehensive overview of The Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
Service users must always be seen as having the capability to create their own conclusions unless shown otherwise. This online MCA DOLS awareness training course enables participants to know what psychological capacity is and, should capacity be lacking, what could be done legally to encourage users. The class covers all aspects of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty protects and provides advice about the best way to evaluate capacity employing the Bournewood Judgement.
Created for your needs
This program intends to provide students with the knowledge and comprehension of an mca dols approved online awareness course to obey the law.
The main feature you’ll cover at home mca dols training awareness course is
- Understanding the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- What is mental capacity?
- When should we assess mental capacity?
- How do we assess mental capacity?
- Carer liability.
- Advance decision.
- What is Deprivation of Liberty?
- How is Deprivation of Liberties assessments carried out?
Providing relevant knowledge and skills
After completing this MCA DOLS awareness training and certification online course by Verrolyne training, learners must know and understand the following learning outcomes:
- Describe what the Mental Capacity Act is
- Understand how it applies to you and your work
- We monitor the use of the Mental Capacity Act in all health and care services in England.
- We monitor the use of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (also known as DoLS) in all care homes and hospitals in England.
- We receive notifications from providers about the outcome of DoLS applications.
- We check on the use of DoLS by visiting the places where they are used.
HOW TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Video tutorials guiding you through every aspect of every treatment.
- Easy to follow downloadable eBooks in units, designed to enhance your progressive learning techniques
- Easy online learning via your mobile, tablet and pc
- Full support and guidance from working profession